Friday, February 4, 2011

Shopping bag to a toddler apron

My first tutorial and craft post YAY! 
After many attempts and html blogger fights with the computer screen the blog is ready (please bear with me during hiccups here and there). 
It all started with my crafty friend Virve (who will be soon introduced here) bringing me a bright pink shopping bag saying "Here, this is so you!  You can surely make something out of this!" 
(Or something like that ... )  




Weeks passed without inspiration but trying to persuade hubby to go food shopping with it (wink wink). He wouldn't ...
Then Karlie's second birthday came up, who loves painting and the idea was born! I don't have the photo of the birthday girl wearing it, so for now the model below is Lolinda. 


 

What do you think?

I just realized I said it was my tutorial, but in fact I followed the instructions HERE from 
Sew 4 Home.  Same easy steps, but skipped the entire paragraph on iron-on-vinyl: the convenience of the shopping bag! Hooray for upcycling! 

What have you upcycled? Please share your idea with me and the world in the comments and stay tuned for a post full of hearts coming SOON! 

Oh yes, and follow/share if you like :)

LO(lo)V(i)E

6 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Although I have to say that the cuteness of the model is diminishing the fabulousness of the apron... :)
    Amazing what you can do with little imagination. And a pink shopping bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the upcycling part, great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is too funny! what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best way to recycle a WiNK bag. All the girls at WiNK love this! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weeks passed without inspiration but trying to persuade hubby to go food shopping with it (wink wink). He wouldn't ... eco friendly carrier bags

    ReplyDelete