Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lola's Circus Dress

As many of you know, LoLo celebrated their 4th birthday two weeks ago. The theme of the party was Circus/Carnival. We all enjoyed it very much despite of the last minute rush to find an indoor place because of the cold and rainy weather.

My husband thinks I am crazy, but I like to make sure all the party details are in-synch including not only food, decorations, gifts and games, music, but also clothing ... I've made a few dresses for Lola in the past (yes, poor London) .. (Flapper Dress, Apron Bird Dress, Upcycled Winter Dress, Blouse to Toddler Dres)  and so I decided to persuade Lola that circus dresses are just as cute if not cuter than her huge pink tutu that she wanted to wear.

I bought an Apron Knot Dress pattern from Pitter Patterns and cut out the pieces one night, sewn it another day in about 2 hours. The instructions are very clear and well written, though the top part of the dress came out at least an inch wider than what it should have been in my opinion.


Lola loves the dress and after the party she wore it to the ZOO .. this is the photo from my Instagram taken just before leaving our home ... 


And some photos from the Bronx ZOO ... 


My next project is a sharpie plate, so stay tuned!

Have a LOLOvely week Everyone!

LoLOve, Elvi

1 comment:

  1. It's a very cute dress with an even more adorablemodel! How did youguys like the zoo? Btw. Does G read your blog? :)))

    ReplyDelete