Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Easy peasy necklace

Get your glue gun and nobody gets hurt!
Find some rope! (I bought mine from a craft store, but it dawned on me, that I could have bought some half price at a hardware store!)
Dig out some fabric - I like anything that shines or has flowers, or polka dots or stripes or looks vintage or shabby chic or lace or checkered or animal print or is recycled (I've made a necklace from my prego yoga pants before, so don't hold back your imagination fabric-wise!)
I think I missed a few patterns ...
Order a few of those end pieces (silver/gold) for jewelry because we will be using those a lot!
Look through your closet - is there a coat you hate with buttons you love? Perhaps a few fake pearls (because you know what Elvi says "Fake pearls are the girl's best friend".

Ok, now you're ready!

1. Just a few supplies ...
2. Take the cord, glue the strip to the cord entirely covering its length. Here is the trick: when you start wrapping the cord around fold it about 1/4 inch so that the unfinished edge does not show unless, you want more personality and you want it to show. Wrap, glue, wrap, glue, wrap, glue till the end!
Attach silver endings you've bought with a glue gun and clasps (Note: teeth don't work as well as pliers for this job. Just sharing my experience)
3. Make the flowers. Easy peasy! Surely you've seen thousand and one tutorials on this, but just in case: Cut a strip about 2 inch wide, fold in half, ruffle with a needle and thread. Now wrap around to form a flower - glue or sew together .. tararararaaraaaaaa
4. Get your button or a scrapbook brad, glue or sew to the center. Glue the flowers to the cord, cut out two circles of color coordinating felt and glue from the other side!

WEL DONE!



If I could only glue gun dresses and skirts and handbags and shoes in such a manner!
If you can, please let me know, I'll be your #1 follower (uhmmm .. stalker I think.) 

Now have a good week everyone and remember:
"Why lead when you can follow?" ... (hint, hint)

LO(lo)V(i)E
LV 

3 comments:

  1. This is really awesome! I would so love to get into "crafting" but I'm so impatient. Once I start a project, I want it to be done that day, so sewing is out of the question for me! haha! Maybe I can get into making necklaces. You have such great ideas and tutorials! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the "teeth" comment, sooo true lol xx

    ReplyDelete